Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Excitement on the horizon




Train operations are a pain with dc! both ends of the track are reversing loops. It might not be too bad but i have about 6 feet of track between them. (for now)  I had planed to make my next purchase in the form of about 40 feet of ME code 55 concrete track for one of the main lines but I think now it will be more along the lines of 2 more decoders. I have one sd70 with a sound decoder and two digitrax ar-1 for the reversing loops. It is a toss up at this point.

I opted to use masking tap over the cardboard webbing method. Mostly because i couldn't wait to see how my hills would look like, partly because i wanted to try it. The method works great. Its nice to see how the hills will look and ware adjustments in the webbing need to be made. I wondered about how much tape it would take and how much extra that would add to costs, but i did all of this on half a roll. This will be the method i will continue to use.

I have completed the roadbed for the first level and installed all about 3ft of the cork.(which i was short.) The day before i was right next to the store and thought to myself "i got enough" wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment